To help draw the Neighborhood and/or Similar Market Areas, you can toggle ON/OFF map layers.
To turn ON a map layer, tap the eye icon . The map layers we currently have available are:
- PRICE PER SQ FT: This shows the median GLA price per square foot for the block.
- Gray: + 5% of the subject property's block price per sq foot.
- Orange: each level is +10% above the previous.
- Blue: each level is -10% below the previous.
- SCHOOLS: You can toggle between showing Elementary and High school boundaries.
- Locations of the schools are plotted on the map to identify where the comps are in relation to a school.
- School ratings are also displayed. The ratings are from a national database based off of test scores.
- Thicker transparent black lines are school boundaries.
- The dotted black lines show that there are more than 5 schools for the boundary. We didn't want to display all the lines otherwise the map may get out of control.
- CENSUS TRACT
To view more of the map, you can click HIDE on the legend.
Map Layers in the Addendum
In the addendum, the PRICE/SQ FT map layer with your Neighborhood/Similar Market Area boundary drawings are automatically included (you can always remove it). See example linked below.
You can always use the PRICE/SQ FT map layer as a justification to your GLA adjustment in your Comp Grid.
|< Overview||Drawing the Neighborhood >|